Tuesday, 31 December 2013

That Was the Year That Was.



We are all just recovering from the mayhem that is Christmas when New Year celebrations are upon us. Another page turned in our great book of life. As we look forward to our fresh clean page we also need to take some time to look back at the page we have just turned over. Was 2013 the year when all our wishes came true?

In the land of blogging and twitter I know of a few people who fulfilled their dreams this year and witnessed their first book being published and some who went from Indi  author to securing a publishing deal,well done to them all.



At this time of fun and merriment some people are also going through the hardest times they may ever have to face, I'm thinking of two of my twitter friends, one has had a traumatic time and I'm hoping for good news for her the new year and another for whom there can only be sadness ahead. My hopes and my prayers go to both of them, I hope they find peace and contentment in 2014.






Another year gone when I haven't fulfilled my resolutions. I've came to the conclusion I will never be a regular at the gym and I will never be a size ten. I much prefer to read books and eat chocolate.



If I had been going to the gym I would never have had the time to review over forty books this year.
What? You didn't know I had a book review blog? You can find it here

My family welcomed in my son and his partner's new baby girl on 23rd December just in time for her first Christmas and a lovely end of the year.

Looking Forward

2014 will be the year my daughter is married and the November date gives me time to start my diet and look for an outfit and the best waterproof mascara I can find as I will cry my eyes out that day. I am also going to do something I have been so scared of doing for so long. Bungee jump? No! I'm going to try out  contact lenses as I don't want to wear my glasses to the wedding (yes,I'm being vain)  and I still want to see how beautiful my daughter will be without screwing my eyes together. Okay, I'm a wimp but the thought of putting something in my eyes just makes me want to close them tight.





 2014 will also be the year we sell our house (fingers crossed) and move from the area we have lived in for so long. It's a big thing for us to do as we haven't moved around much during our married life but time for pastures new I think.  If I read any more books by Val Poore about living on a barge that's what my hubby may make me do! Watch this space!




 All that is left is for me to thank every single person who has read my blog this year and an extra big thank you and a slap on the back if you have left a comment you really are the creme de la creme.
Have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR  and I hope 2014 brings you all you would ask of it. 
I will leave you with my two little cherubs who make me realise just how very blessed I am. xx

Big sister Abi and brand new little sister Katie.

25 comments:

  1. And a Happy New Year to you, Anne - and to your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're being very brave to try contact lenses. I've never had the courage! But now I've had cataract ops on both eyes, I can't, so that lets me off. I love your resolutions, Anne, and of course I'd love it if you and your hubby bought a barge too, but I'm guessing that's not very practical for you and your family. Good luck with selling your house and I hope you find your dream home - and yes, go to Turkey again and write some more lovely diaries for us too. HAPPY NEW YEAR, dearest Anne. I'm so glad I've met you here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a very Happy New Year Anne and looking forward to reading more on your fab blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year Anne!!!! Abi & Katie are so cute!! What a neat coincedence that they have the same names as our nieces! We might be getting married in 2014....maybe I better start dieting too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. HNY!!!!!!!!! You have a lot of stuff on your plate for 2014!!! Contact lenses are fine ..you can get the soft ones that you barely feel. The main problem is dropping them down the sink! I still say our joint 2014 project is to try to meeet up..when Madam is back from Cuba ...... let's try to sort it out. In the meantime, thanks for your advice, friendship and the great pics on your blog thatmake me feel as if I was on holiday with you (bet you're glad I wasn't) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, your cherubs are precious, congratulations! I feel the same as you about contact lenses, do let me know how you get on! Well done on reviewing 40 books that's amazing! I wish you good health and lots of happiness in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And happy new year to you and yours too Jo. Thank you for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Val I haven't tried them yet,it will have to be a very patient optician. Jim has disposable lenses and I can't open my eyes to put them in. No a barge is not practical with toddlers and a large dog but Jim would love it. Maybe if we won the lottery it could be a holiday home. Wishing you great things for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Amanda and same goes to you. Thanks for reading my blog and please start writing yours again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year Jo! Yes it was so funny when I saw the same names on your post. Katie was just born on 23 rd Dec so she's straight out the wrapper. Thanks for reading my blog and hope your wedding does happen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year to you too Carol.The year you join the granny brigade. Yes I agree we should all meet up this year. Thank you too for your friendship across the airwaves or should it be digital waves?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Catherine,happy new year. Oh I'm so scared to try them but maybe vanity will win,I would only wear them if I was going out and wanted to look younger,lol! Good luck with your writing this year,I'm expecting to review your book when it's ready.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Anne, This is my first visit to your blog but I'll be back. Re the contact lenses, I wore hard gas permeable ones (old-fashioned kind and not comfy) for 30+ years and got fed up with the daily hassle and started wearing my glasses full-time over the last couple of years. But like you, I missed the option on a night out etc to go without so I went to the opticians and got soft daily disposable lenses which are easy to wear and give me the choice. I'm sure you'll find them ideal. I look forward to following your 2014 adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anne - Happy New Year! It is so good to be back. Your cherubs are beautiful! - Hugs, Maeve

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy new year Maeve and welcome back! I hope you're back on your blog too. I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Helen thanks for visiting and I do hope you'll be back. I'm trying to pluck up courage to try the lenses and it would be the daily disposable kind.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very happy new year to you, too, Anne! Oh, new babies. What could be nicer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually I can give you the heads up on the waterproof mascara. Este Lauder sumptious waterproof. Doesn't come off even if you are swimming and comes off well with a Johnsons face wipe. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Jenny,yes they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Carol I will note that one and buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a lovely blog post (sorry I'm coming to it so late. Only just catching up with life!) I do hope your house sale is successful and what a year you have to look forward to with your family. Enjoy. You deserve it x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Ros. I should be writing a new post but it's hard to find the time or energy these days.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree a lovely post although sad to hear two of your Twitter friends have had such a hard time. A new baby in the family last year and a marriage this year, how wonderful. Sorry I only just commenting bur I was in Wales when I read this and internet was rubbish so couldn't get it to publish my comment. Hope your year is going well so far and hears to a wonderful 2014 for us all.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh yes, I'm sure you'll get on with contact lenses, I would be lost without mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on your new baby granddaughter Anne! (beautiful pic) Happy New Year-how lovely to have your daughter's wedding to look forward to. No 7 waterproof mascara is quite good-used it for swimming on holiday. Wishing you a wonderful 2014 and good luck with the house sale.x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave a comment, it would make me smile.If you leave one I will always reply to you.